Dr. Herbert Ferger
IHK Managing Director (retired)
- right of economic self-administration
- Commercial and commercial law issues in the transport industry and communications
- transport and forwarding law
- Application and interpretation problems of the IHKG
- Relationship between the audit courts of the federal states or the budget laws of the states and economic self-administration
Dr. Herbert Ferger earned his doctorate with a public law thesis under Prof. Dr. Friauf after completing law studies in Cologne.
He began his professional career as in-house counsel to the transport department of the German Industry and Trade Association (DIHT) in Bonn. This was followed by 13 years as Managing Director of the IHK Frankfurt/M., responsible for the areas of trade, traffic and regional planning.
Subsequently, Dr. Herbert Ferger was General Manager of the Federal Association of Freight Forwarders and Logistics (BSL) in Bonn for more than three years. From spring 2000 until the end of February 2012 he was General Manager of the IHK Cologne.
As chairman of the commission for chamber law policy at the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (DIHK) in Berlin, Dr. Herbert Ferger played a decisive role in the further development of the law of economic self-administration.
In addition to profound knowledge of the law of economic self-administration and many years of experience in the management of one of the largest German Chambers of Industry and Commerce, Dr. Herbert Ferger has an excellent network in politics, administration and business.
Dr. Herbert Ferger joined the firm in 2012 as "Of Counsel".